Car accidents are one of the most common causes of severe injuries in the state of California. According to the California Highway Patrol, more than 200,000 people annually are injured on California roads. Far beyond just the injuries themselves, these accidents can also cost victims in other ways, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Repair bills
Many accident victims are eligible to sue for damages for the losses they suffer. Insurance companies and negligent drivers will fight to avoid paying these costs.
That’s why working with a true medical malpractice attorney in your personal injury case can make all the difference. With trained medical professionals on staff as resources and an in-depth knowledge of the human body’s reaction to accidents, medical malpractice attorneys have the advantage when it comes to fighting for your needs in any injury insurance claim.
When you’re already injured and suffering, you shouldn’t be expected to navigate the legal system alone. The experienced car accident and medical malpractice attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael Oran, A.P.C, can help you get back on your feet.
With years of experience helping car accident victims like yourself handle insurance claims, fight for fair settlements, and handle complicated filings and paperwork. Contact the firm by phone at (213) 454-0002 or online to begin your free consultation today.
Car Crash Facts and Statistics
If you’ve been in a motor vehicle accident, you’re not alone. Our clients frequently suffer the following common auto crash injuries:
- Broken bones: Serious accidents often lead to broken bones, especially in T-bone accidents or roll-overs.
- Spinal injuries: The force of the impact often causes accident victims to bounce quickly back and forth as they’re first knocked forward by the crash and then pushed around by the airbag. This can cause everything from whiplash to paralysis to permanent, chronic back pain. This can lead to “invisible disabilities” that require medical knowledge to prove.
- Head trauma: The same back-and-forth motion that leads to whiplash can also cause head trauma, including concussions and TBIs. Head trauma can also result from impacts to the head, either directly or from flying debris.
- Facial injuries: Even if an accident doesn’t lead to active head trauma, it can still lead to temporary or permanent facial injuries and disfigurement. Anything from burns to flying glass can cause horrific facial injuries.
- Lasting psychological trauma: Finally, but no less important, car accidents can lead to lifelong psychological problems. Many people experience PTSD and other traumatic responses after serious accidents that make it difficult to go about their daily lives for years to come. Proving this trauma can take significant work on the part of your medical malpractice attorney, however.
These injuries are so common precisely because traffic accidents are so frequent. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), police reported more than 6.3 million car crashes last year alone, leading to more than 2.4 million injuries nationwide.
Other sobering statistics about the danger of US and Californian roadways include:
- 36,096 people died on US roadways in 2019; 3,606, or 10%, of those deaths occurred in California.
- 8% of all traffic deaths involved a distracted driver
- 10% of accident deaths involved intoxicated drivers
- Nearly half of all auto accident victims were killed while not wearing their seatbelt.
- In 2020, while the total miles driven decreased, the rate of fatal accidents increased by nearly a third.
- Speeding is at least partially responsible for 26% of all fatal car accidents.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you may feel lost or confused, but you’re not alone. By choosing to work with a medical malpractice attorney, you can fight to receive the care you need to get back to normal.
The Law Offices of Michael Oran, A.P.C., have helped Los Angeles personal injury and car crash victims for decades. You don’t need to fight for your needs on your own. Insurance companies are motivated to pay you as little as possible, but you deserve so much more. Working with an experienced medical malpractice attorney can help you get the damages you deserve.
Contact an experienced auto accident attorney today at (213) 454-0002 or reach our online to claim your free consultation today.